Thursday, September 12, 2013

Is Harry Potter Coming Back to a Theater Near You?!

September 12, 2013
By: Shauna Dolby
bbc.com/culture

         I tried to cover my eyes with my favorite blanket as I ensconced myself into the couch between  my mother and father.   I was scared and excited at the same time. I could not believe it. I was finally watching the famous Harry Potter movie for the first time. The music was mysterious and the suspense was intense and I could hardly breathe. I had to do it. I had to watch this movie. All my friends had seen this movie. At the time, I was only seven years old.  Once again, J.K Rowlings is partnering with Warner Brothers to produce a new series. The first film of the series will be titled Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.  J.K Rowling’s Harry Potter became one of the largest grossing films in history. This new movie will feature Newt Scamander, the fictional author of the textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. This textbook was taught at Hogwarts and was one of Harry Potter’s textbooks. Rowlings promised herself not to return to the magical fantasyland where Hogwarts began unless she had an idea that she would be excited about. Well, this was it. Rowling also mentions that in the upcoming film, Newt Scamander will be portrayed as a young wizard, struggling like Harry Potter. The only different aspect is that Rowling will portray life in the magical world seventy years before Harry Potter was born and when Newt was a little boy. Besides this movie, Rowling has also written Casual Vacancy, Quidditch Through the Ages, and the Tales of Beedle the Bard. Most people cannot wait to watch and see what other surprises are in store in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Most Harry Potter fans are counting the days until they could finally relive the fantastic world of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment