Monday, March 10, 2014

How High is the Cost of Your Education?


        The economy plays a role in the lives of every generation. When my parents went to college, they were fortunate enough for their parents to pay for their education and they never had to worry about putting a dent in their retirement account or never dreamed of working to put themselves through university. All they had to do was to concentrate on their studies. However, in today’s economy, things are very different for our generation. It is expected of every teenager to seriously think about their future and how they are going to afford higher education. I, like everybody else, am facing the same dilemma. Even though I want to pursue higher education in the best universities, however, do I want to burden my parents with this cost because the economy is not what it used to be or should I work and help pay for my education? If I let my parents pay for my higher education, am I endangering their economic future? I do not want my parents to retire later than usual just because of my education. These questions are more specific to our generation than to any other generation. Life expectancy has also skyrocketed and many people outlive their retirement plans. This is something I do not wish upon my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment