Monday, February 17, 2014

How Connected Are You?


              Moral values are the most important values in society. These values give us our sense of individuality and, simultaneously, how to socially behave in a community.  Even though I have been following a separate individual life that suits my special culture and personality, however, because of my upbringing and culture, I have always felt a sense of responsibility to give back to my community.   Volunteering my time at the hospital has made me realize that I am contributing to my community. I look forward to making a difference, no matter how small of a contribution it is. Whether it is registering new patients, giving them a warm blanket, or delivering diapers to new moms, I do whatever the nursing or administrative staff needs. I have also realized how small our daily obstacles and problems are in comparison to the patients who come in with life-threatening diseases and injuries. This is how I feel a part of my community, I serve this community, and how I am connected to this community. However, I see a lot of people who are disconnected from their communities and feel isolated, following an individualistic life. Fortunately, the solution is so simple and accessible that anyone can feel a part of their community by volunteering their time, supporting a special cause, or engaging in activities in relation to their religion, occupation, and athletic interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment