Sunday, February 23, 2014

How Tense Are Your Senses?


          As soon as I stepped outside, I felt a sudden rush of heat strike against my face, almost throwing me off my gentle balance. Squinting my eyes tightly, trying to shield them from the strong glare of the Sun, I worked my way up the garden, towards my favorite corner by the sea of Star Jasmines, that have taken over the fence. I placed myself on the warm brick wall, which separated the hill from the verdant, plush grass. The chirping sound of the carefree birds on the pomegranate tree mixed with the discordant sound of the pool pump, created an unusual symphony of harmony and dissonance which was not too unpleasant to hear. All of a sudden, the intoxicating smell of the Star Jasmines took over all my senses. All I could see, taste, hear, and feel was the heavenly, sweet, and warm smell of this exotic plant that took over my mind and soul. Suddenly, I was jolted back to reality by the intense heat of the Sun piercing through my skull, trying to drill its way towards the most protected, sacred center of my brain. I tried to protect myself from the aggressive and scorching rays by placing my hands over my head. Seconds later, the overpowering antagonist burned its way through the layers of my skin, once again reaching and drilling viciously towards my brain. I desperately tried to seek refuge by looking for a shaded spot. It was too late. This powerful invader had taken over my entire garden and was shining its intense rays down upon the garden, with all its might. I had to leave. I had to get away.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment